Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Perfect Day

Yesterday we all went to Tracie and Kevin's picturesque wedding in Havre de Grace, Maryland. The setting was amazing and tears filled my eyes when I heard "There is Love" playing softly during the unity candle lighting. Again at the end of the ceremony, my heart caught in my throat as I heard the words, "You may kiss the bride," - but not because I was feeling all warm and fuzzy - though I was.
DSC_0041
It was because my lovely, sweet, eighteen-month old's face had just crumpled in an end-of-the-world kind of way, and I knew what the wailing that was about to be unleashed would sound like. I grabbed her very quickly and tossed her in a tight bear hug against my shoulder, which luckily enough stopped the torrent of emotion that was about to be unleashed. Apparently she was devastated that Kevin is now officially a taken man.

I love how absolutely happy and unposed Kevin and Tracie are in this photo. Maddie loved the flower petals that were raining down on them.
DSC_0046

After the ceremony was over, Maddie was a little distraught that no one was picking up the petals. "Ugh oh!" So she began picking them up.
DSC_0057

She walked down the aisle for the first time, too.
DSC_0061

She had such a good time that when we got home she kept saying "happy" and pointing to herself.
DSC_0064

Dakota, Maddie, the bump, and I all had a wonderful time and we felt honored to be a part of Kevin and Tracie's special day!
the 4 of us

No comments:

Post a Comment