Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Crib Bound

We used the crib for the first time last night .  Maddie was fine.  I was not.

Maddie has been thrashing about in her cosleeper...trying to roll over (but there's only enough room to get on her side), kicking her feet over the sides (eek!), pounding the walls...and waking herself up amidst all the ruckus. After a few nights of her waking up like this,I decided to try the crib and sleep in her room. To my utter surprise, it worked.  She slept all stretched out and I camped awkwardly on the floor.  This morning I was all (cramped, uncomfortable, ouchy) sad and told Dakota that she didn't even wonder where I was. He looked at me all puzzled and said, "Because you were right there! She could look out of the crib and there you were! Why would she wonder where you were?" True, true. But still. It was sad.  And I cried.

3 comments:

  1. i would too...we haven't made it to the crib yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! I would be sad, too.

    If it makes you feel any better, it is just a testament of what a good mother you are. Even in her crib, in her room, she still felt so loved and secure to sleep right through the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is the cutest, most ADORABLE little button-nosed babydoll I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete